Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kamiel Riske, Pictures of Art Work from the USA :)

Kamiel Riske, Pictures of Art Work from the USA :)
Hello,

I have pictures of paintings and a sketch. The sketch is signed by Kamiel. There is one painting that is signed. This painting I don t believe is buy Kamiel. The signature says Sabbermans 1943 . the other paintings have no signatures. All the pieces are of my Father. He was born in Antwerp on 11/25/26 his name is Marc Hertsens. He was in the Belgium Army and immigrated to America by ship to Ellis Island in 1949. My name is Sten Hertsens and am 45. I live in Montana. No I m not a Cowboy. I do alot of Bike racing. I guess it s in my blood from my Father. I d like to get to Belgium one of these days and do some Cyclocross racing. The fans are great over there and cheer the racers on, more than in the USA. OK back to the art work. I have number the pictures so they will correspond to my descriptions. #1 is a sketch which is signed by Kamiel is 10 1/2 x 15 3/4 . It s framed under glass. All the paintings are oil and not framed. #2 25 1/2 x 31 1/4 not signed. #3 25 1/2 x 31 1/2 signed Sabbermans 1943 . #4 13 1/2 x 18 3/8 not signed. #5 9 1/2 x 12 1/2 not signed. From My Fathers date of birth (11/25/26), when he immagrated and the signed Sabbermans 1943 you can figure out how old Kamiel was. The sketch lokks like he s older. The smallest looks like he s younger. The 1943 piece would put Kamiel at the age of 22. I hope this will be added to his Gallery and with his Artwork time line. I would be interested to hear about what he might have be like at that time and possibly the relationship with my father or Family members. Take care and have a nice Day. Sten

3 Comments:

Blogger juxtaposinjen said...

(apologies for being off-topic, but Google produced this link for my search of 'Marc Hertsens'.) Sten, is it possible your father Marc was my ballet teacher in the 70s in the San Jose, Ca area? Jennifer Kelley.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Froggy64 said...

Hello Jennifer,
Marc Hertsens could very well be your ballet teacher.
This blog is not by his son Sten but by a relative of some of Marc Hertsens' real life friends.
Sten found my blog and mailed me. I posted his mail as a blog post and will mail Sten to forward your message!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous stephanie.davies@hp.com said...

I too am trying to find Marc Hertsens. He was my Ballet Master back in 70's (Ballet San Jose and Santa Cruz Ballet). I remember Sten -- very small at the time -- Judith & his two daughters. I would dearly love to get back in touch with Marc and hope that Sten would be willing to contact me directly. Marc gave me the stage name: Calina. My name is Stephanie (Costa) Davies.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home