Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas with Kamiel ...

As I've told you before, Kamiel was quite a character...

When I was a little girl, we celebrated Christmas at my aunt's, Kamiel's sister in law. She's 82 now, going on 83! In fact, she inspired me to create this blog entirely in honour of Kamiel!

I don't know what Kamiel would have thought seeing his pictures online, but he did love celebrating Christmas! He enjoyed good food and loved the odd prank. Usually, my granddad was the so called victim, but in reality, they had a good understanding and were as bad as each other ...

I was like 4 or 5 years old at the time, but until today I'm still able to visualize their pranks. Some people might be shocked by they behaviour, but everybody had a good time laughing at their practical jokes ...

You must be curious by now! Well my granddad and Kamiel enjoyed teasing each other by stealing food of each other's plates which every year lead to hilarious situations ... Consequently they would love to play to be mad at each other and sometimes my granddad (27/03/1900 - 23/12/1976) would tease Kamiel by trying to steal his hearing aid. This may seem cruel to you, but as strange as it seems, they liked each other and treated each other as equals and not as being old or handicapped!

While reading this post, I discover that today it's exactly 30 years ago my granddad died.
I'd like this post to be a tribute to both Kamiel and my granddad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home