Thursday, March 22, 2007

The gallery goes on!


It's a long time since I paid Kamiel a visit over here.

In the mean time I did discover some of his other long lost works!

Hmm, this clearly is a red light district painting again, talking to my relatives, I did gain some insight into Kamiel's attitudes towards women. From what you can read in previous posts, Kamiel often felt betrayed by women and never really found a way to deal with his feelings other than painting.
I think this is a shame because he was a nice man who had a lot more to offer than he was able to show. Sometimes I get sad while watching these kind of paintings. I know where the artist's feelings were coming from: a deep lack of appreciation, being judged for what he wasn't good at and not getting the attention he deserved. In this period of his life, he was getting back at all those that had hurt him, but I do understand that these pictures can be hurtful to others as well!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home